Harvester Outdoors presents The Coves Music Series Solar Powered Concert with Jerry Douglas, feat. Daniel Kimbro Halloween Picnic
- Ticket Price: $27.00 - $77.00
- Door Time: 12:00 PM
- Show Type: Bluegrass
Harvester Outdoors Presents The Coves Music Series Solar Powered Concert with Jerry Douglas, featuring Daniel Kimbro
A Halloween Picnic (Blue Moon Rising)
(Free Admission for children )
Saturday October 31, 2020
with Jerry Douglas, featuring Daniel Kimbro
Saturday October 31st
$77 per Vehicle Advance (up to 4 adults)
Individual Tickets: $27
This is a very limited ticketed event.
Creative Safe trick or treating for the kids attending
All Net proceeds go to the United Way Food Bank & Smith Mountain Lake Good Neighbors
Vehicle Spaced Concert (with 40 foot pods for parking and concert viewing - 400 square feet per family - couple - friends - to social distance in wide open spaces.
Come picnic - explore 5 miles of trails all overlooking Smith Mountain Lake. Then enjoy these stellar musicians of world renowned recognition.
The Jerry Douglas & Daniel Kimbro Halloween Picnic is on 100 acres with stunning views. Super Kid friendly, and well thought out for safety in this new normal.
THIS SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY IS NOT TO BE MISSED.
Mask required event. (unless safely in your vehicle/picnic pod or within 25ft of others not from your pod as you move about).
Coolers (Food only) - drinks will be available (water, sodas, adult beverages) for purchase
Chairs / Blankets Allowed - sorry no pets for this one
From U.S. 220, turn on VA 40 and proceed 12 miles.
Turn LEFT at Kemp Ford Road (0.6 Miles).
Turn LEFT onto Standiford Road (1.8 Miles).
Turn RIGHT onto Rock Cliff Road/VA 938 (0.5 Miles).
Turn slight LEFT onto Ivy Lane, and The Coves will be on your right.
301 Ivy Lane, Union Hall, VA 24176
· Where do I Check in at The Coves Front entrance.
· Will I have to have my temperature taken? Yes everyone will have their temperature taken to gain entrance. We are following guidelines to keep and wear a mask - obviously when enjoying a beverage or something to eat removing the mask is acceptable. Please wear your mask during the show.
· We ask that the patrons also respect one another and use these so all can stay healthy. Please bring and wear your mask when close to others.
· Hand sanitizer stations Where will they be located- several areas/at check in-- Hand sanitizer
· Can I go outside/our other area for a smoke- is there a smoking section- smoking area will be well marked outside of the viewing area
· Animals: Dogs/animals are not allowed at events.
· Will there be security check points -Yes when you arrive security will wand every person- security policies will be extended to all outdoor shows.
Dobro master and 14-time GRAMMY winner Jerry Douglas is to the resonator guitar what Jimi Hendrix was to the electric guitar, elevating, transforming, and reinventing the instrument in countless ways. Additionally, Douglas is a freewheeling, forward-thinking recording and touring artist whose output incorporates elements of country, bluegrass, rock, jazz, blues, and Celtic into his distinctive musical vision.
Called “Dobro’s matchless contemporary master” by The New York Times, three-time CMA Musician of the Year award recipient Jerry Douglas is one of the most innovative recording artists in music as a solo artist, band leader for The Jerry Douglas Band and his GRAMMY winning bluegrass band The Earls of Leicester, as well as a member of groundbreaking ensembles including Alison Krauss & Union Station, J.D. Crowe & the New South, The Country Gentlemen, Boone Creek, and Strength In Numbers. Douglas shines and soars. His distinctive sound graces more than 1500 albums with artists such as Garth Brooks, George Jones, Paul Simon, Little Big Town, James Taylor, Emmylou Harris, Elvis Costello, Earl Scruggs, Ray Charles, Dierks Bentley, and Tommy Emmanuel, among many others.
In addition to touring, Douglas has co-produced and performed on a series of platinum albums. He has produced albums for Alison Krauss, Del McCoury Band, Maura O’Connell, The Whites, Jesse Winchester, and Steep Canyon Rangers. He is co-music director of the acclaimed BBC Scotland TV series Transatlantic Sessions. In 2004, Douglas was recognized by the National Endowment for the Arts with an American Heritage Fellowship, and he served as the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s “Artist In Residence” in 2008.
As Jerry Douglas continues his incalculable influence on country, Americana, bluegrass and their many related genres, he forges ahead as a true pioneer in American music.
Grammy-Nominated Bassist w/ Jerry Douglas, The Earls of Leicester, Martin Harley, R.B. Morris & more